Receptionist Dorney Lake And Queen Eyot Jobs Vacancy at Eton College Dorney
Eton College Dorney urgently required following position for Receptionist Dorney Lake And Queen Eyot. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Receptionist Dorney Lake And Queen Eyot Jobs Vacancy at Eton College Dorney Jobs Details:
Share it with someone you know.
Receptionist - Dorney Lake and Queen's Eyot
Dorney Lake is a modern world-class rowing and flat-water canoeing centre set in a spectacular 400-acre parkland near Windsor. The site hosted the Rowing and Kayak events during the Olympic and Paralympic Games for London 2012 and was voted top Olympic venue by an exit poll of spectators.
As well as sporting activities we provide year-round corporate and private hospitality facilities through our in-house events and catering team and we can tailor an activity package on land and/or water to meet each client's requirements. Dorney Lake also operates Queen’s Eyot, a secluded four-acre island on the Thames adjacent to Dorney Lake, a few miles upstream from Windsor. The island is accessed by its own private ferry making it an ideal venue for both corporate and private hire. Queen’s Eyot operates mainly from March through to the end of October for corporate and private hospitality events. These range from wedding receptions and private parties, to informal barbecues and school social occasions.
- Provide telephone/reception duties, ensuring an accurate, efficient and polite service for Dorney Lake & Queen’s Eyot for all users. Reception duties to include managing the main email accounts, enquiries both verbal and written and responding accordingly, taking rowing bookings, processing payments, managing the post and banking.
- To assist with Event enquiries and the sales of both sites.
- To assist the Sales and Events teams with active sales, sales preparation, marketing, enquiry handling and show rounds as and when the sales and events team are away from the office.
- To assist in raising invoices for all activities, to include but not limited to corporate hospitality and sporting events, credit control and debt recovery.
- Process Supplier invoices, coding invoices correctly and liaising with the College’s Finance department.
- Process cash and credit card payments for rowing and hospitality events and issuing receipts when required.
- Go to the bank as and when required to process cash and cheque payments.
- To maintain an up to date, clear diary system using a shared electronic diary on Microsoft Outlook.
- Share and communicate information with the team.
- Have a strong knowledge of the site and be able to talk about it clearly and with enthusiasm.
- General Administration/clerical support work including but not limited to photocopying, mail-outs, stationery orders and filing.
- Taking minutes for meetings as and when requested.
- Updating client databases.
- Dealing and managing complaints as and when need be.
- Managing difficult customers and coming to a win-win outcome where possible.
- Assisting the marketing team with creating monthly newsletters, mail shots etc.
- Administrative support to the events team such as, responding to general meetings and hospitality events enquiries, completing agreements, sporting events.
- Assisting where needs be with the health and safety documents and general back office duties.
- Other duties as and when required.
- Previous exceptional customer service experience ideally in a similar challenging and evolving environment
- A friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic person
- Experience of dealing with high volume reception duties in a seasonal business.
- Strong administration and IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word and Excel
- Confidence to pick up and manage new tasks and willing to go the extra mile.
- The ability to learn quickly, including gaining understanding of the accounting systems on site.
- Presentable and confident to meet and greet a range of customers, excellent interpersonal skills, welcoming and friendly.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Sales and Event Management experience desirable.
- Experience in and knowledge of general marketing techniques (creating mail shots, etc.).
- Ability to carry out tasks efficiently and have the commitment to working hard in a busy environment.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to learn and develop skills.
- Flexible and adaptable approach.