Cyber Security Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Snc Lavalin London
Snc Lavalin London urgently required following position for Cyber Security Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cyber Security Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Snc Lavalin London Jobs Details:
In your capacity as Cyber Security Specialist, you will act as an integral part of our Global Security group whose mandate covers both physical and cyber security and help to assess, identify and protect our employees, our business and our infrastructure against targeted threats. As a member of Global Security specialized in Cyber Threats you will map attacks both internally and externally, analyze relevant threat information and deliver plans to improve our security posture.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Based on analysis of OpenSource Intelligence, private sources, internal security events and incidents, extract relevant and actionable intelligence that will then be used to:
- Inform management and provide recommendations to mitigate active cyber threats;
- enrich risk models;
- scope red teaming and threat hunting processes;
- share relevant intelligence internally, with peers or industry partners.
- Based on analysis provided by threat intelligence processes:
- Perform Red team exercises simulating techniques, tools and procedures used by threat actors identified then provide recommendations to mitigate the weaknesses identified ;
- Perform threat hunting exercises to detect threats that evaded security mechanisms;
- Document the findings and recommend technical measures increasing our resiliency to cyber threats .
- Collaborate with other members of Global Security to improve internal tools used by the group;
- Help advise the management on threats relevant to our business and provide recommendations on how to mitigate them;
- Actively participate in the Data Protection program by conducting Risk Analysis on systems/processes that handle classified information;
- Participate in the definition of the various Cyber Security policy, norms and awareness training;
- Participate in an internal working group on Industrial Control System Security;
- Provide support to other functions of the group such as investigation, forensics and technical surveillance counter-measures.
Required Experience & Skills
To be considered for the role you will be qualified to Bachelor's or Master Degree level in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or any other equivalent degree. You will possess in-depth experience in the IT field with your most recent experience having come from any three of the following areas ;
- Working in a Security Operations Centre (SOC) or in a Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT/CIRT)
- Penetration testing
- Application security
- Computer Forensics
- Malware Reverse Engineering
- Threat Intelligence
- Security Architecture
- Industrial Control Systems Security
- Telecom and Network security
- System or Network administration in a complex multi-national network
You will possess knowledge of cyber security operations, event monitoring and SIEM as well as threat sharing tools (MISP, Soltra etc) and their protocols, have a good knowledge of application, network and operating system security and solid, hands-on experience of programming in at least two languages.
You will have the ability to develop, modify and adapt security tools, POCs, exploits to fit specific use cases and have a strong knowledge of offensive tools and techniques.
You will likely be familiar with being part of a multi-national corporation and possess Cyber Security Certifications such as OSCP although this is not essential. Hands on experience in assessment of compromised Windows endpoints and knowledge of Linux would be an asset.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be someone with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the skills to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, as well as the ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks whilst adapting to the continuously evolving landscape of the cyber security field.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career. We also offer competitive salaries, personal and company performance related annual bonus schemes, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), medical cashback reimbursement schemes, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.
Closing date for applications is Monday, the 12th of November 2018.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.