Part Qualified Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Robert Walters Liverpool
Robert Walters Liverpool urgently required following position for Part Qualified Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Part Qualified Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Robert Walters Liverpool Jobs Details:
A rapidly expanding business based in Liverpool are currently recruiting for an interim Part Qualified Accountant to join its busy finance team. Responsible to the Financial Accountant, you will be a highly motivated individual who is able to perform effectively under significant pressure, continuously working within tight deadlines and takes responsibility for Treasury related issues This is a challenging post which demands initiative and an innovative approach to ensure that the company maximises its returns on all cash held and that endowments are accounted for correctly and used in line with their terms and conditions. This is an ideal role for a CIMA / ACCA Part qualified Accountant who has a strong background in Treasury procedures. The role is a for a period of 3-6 months, however has the possibility to be extended.
As Interim Part Qualified Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Monitor the cash flow of the company to ensure that cash balances are sufficient to meet all liabilities.
- Invest funds (both sterling and currency) in line with the companies approved Treasury Management Policy.
- Compare rates to ensure that the money is moved around to ensure the maximum returns are achieved, whilst counter party limits are adhered to.
- Liaise with the companies bankers to ensure rates and charges are competitive.
- Review the ratings of all counter parties to ensure their compliance with the Treasury Policy.
- Identify new deposit opportunities.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with external fund managers
- Review monthly invoices to ensure they represent actual collection charges.
- Build and maintain relationships with the cash handler.
- Be a point of contact for departments for issues around the cash collection process.
- Regularly review the collections patterns and cash collection arrangements to ensure value for money is achieved.
- Provide month end information to the Financial Accountant and input into reporting to P&R/Forecasts/Budgets.
- Prepare budgets in respect of investment income and bank/Treasury charges.
- Prepare cash flows (actual, budget and forecast) with variance analysis and commentaries as required.
- Identify areas for development, particularly in the current financial climate where the management of funds can be volatile.
To apply for the role you must:
- Part Qualified ACCA / CIMA
- Be immediately and happy to commit to a 3-6 month contract
- Experience of working in a financial or management accounting environment.
- Minimum of three GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics.
- Have a high level of competence in the use of computerised financial systems (preferably Agresso).
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of email, internet and Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel: candidates should be able to demonstrate advanced use of spreadsheets and/or databases to analyse and interpret datasets).
- Good up to date working knowledge and experience of accounting principles, concepts financial systems and procedures, both internal and external to the University.
- Proven ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to explain financial information to non-financial staff and have experience of report-writing for a variety of audiences.
If you are intersted in apply to this role then please dont hesitate to get in touch.