Cib Investment Banking Natural Resources Associate Jobs Vacancy at Morgan Chase London
- Cib Investment Banking Natural Resources Associate
- Morgan Chase
- London ENG
- 19 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Morgan Chase London urgently required following position for Cib Investment Banking Natural Resources Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cib Investment Banking Natural Resources Associate Jobs Vacancy at Morgan Chase London Jobs Details:
J.P. Morgan’s UK Natural Resources business primarily covers UK-listed Metals & Mining and Oil & Gas corporate clients. Within metals and mining, the business covers clients across all commodities (base metals, bulk commodities and precious metals) and in Oil & Gas it focuses on upstream clients. We provide a wide range of advisory services in relation to local and cross border disposals, mergers and acquisitions, including advice on corporate strategy, capital structure and liability management as well as providing advice on and execution of equity, hybrid and debt issuance
- As part of our core focus, we also provide corporate broking services to our UK-listed corporate broking clients, involving extensive interaction with the equity research and equity sales teams. Corporate broking services include extensive exposure to and interaction at CEO and CFO level
- In addition to our metals and mining focus, the UK Natural Resources business also provides broking and advisory services to our UK-listed Oil & Gas corporate broking clients
- J.P. Morgan has a leading position in the natural resources sector in terms of number of clients, transaction activity and revenue market share.
The successful candidate will play a vital and accountable leadership role in all aspects of the transaction process and formation/pursuit of strategic business ideas. They will join a dynamic team that is far reaching, forward moving and also have the opportunity to work with clients and senior management.
The Associate will serve as the primary project leader and supervisor of junior Associates/Analysts on project teams. This individual is recognized by clients as key member of the team and will take the lead on the execution and marketing of M&A, Equity and Financing mandates and will have direct client responsibility and interaction. They will leverage and coordinate J.P. Morgan's resources on behalf of the client. In this capacity, one must understand industry fundamentals, anticipate client needs, and leverage J.P. Morgan's and the team's resources to anticipate new business opportunities. The balance between leveraging internal technical/product expertise and external relationship building is the essence of the position. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Participate in substantial day-to-day client contact and client servicing.
- Begin to build long-term external relationships and manage accounts. This should include conducting new business presentations and developing new ideas for business at a relevant client level.
- Preparation of presentation books, management presentations, Board materials, memoranda and other presentation materials for use in corporate finance transactions or client facilitation
- Work independently, producing high quality work by totally leveraging and accessing the Firm.
- Liaising with J.P. Morgan product teams and other J.P. Morgan Natural Resources teams across the globe
- Liaising with UK equities and research departments
- Mentoring and training of analysts.
- Understudy an Executive Director or Managing Director on certain accounts or transactions, depending on the size and complexity of the client or transaction.
- Minimum Bachelors' degree
- Strong experience in Investment Banking, with Natural Resources Coverage experience strongly preferred.
- Very strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills.
- Ability to comfortably interact with business clients and management.
- Excellent technology skills with strong Excel (macros, pivot tables, look-ups and filtering) and PowerPoint skills. Able to quickly learn new software applications.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive. Energetic and decisive, with high level of integrity.
- Ability to multitask several projects.
- Able to communicate concepts and ideas both verbally and via documentation, to and be able to defend their validity.
- Provide examples of a team mentality. A relationship builder, who can establish trust and credibility across J.P. Morgan.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.