Zoo Ranger Jobs Vacancy at Chester Zoo Chester
Chester Zoo Chester urgently required following position for Zoo Ranger. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Zoo Ranger Jobs Vacancy at Chester Zoo Chester Jobs Details:
Our Zoo Rangers develop and deliver creative educational interventions around the zoo, including animal talks and tours, one to one intellectual engagement, exhibition supervision, interpretation and other educational activities. Audiences of all ages, and vary from 1 to 500 or more, so there is lots of public interaction requiring a confident and outgoing personality.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Zoo Biology or a conservation-related field, and have a wide ranging knowledge of the natural world and animal behaviours
- A creative mind, and be able to develop and deliver engaging, high quality, intellectual public engagement opportunities for our visitors, particularly young people ages 12 – 25 years old
- Excellent customer service skills, and be able to work alone as well as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the role is all about effective communication
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A good working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office packages, as well as iPad and apps
A good working knowledge and experience of zoo conservation education, including research, would be desirable, as is a good knowledge of our animal collection and conservation work.
The salary for this role £20,254.95 per annum. This is based on 35 hours per week working 10 days out of 14, including weekends and Bank holidays as rostered, with the occasional need for evening working.
In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found at https://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers/working-at-chester-zoo.
Due to the nature of the organisation and the role, this post is subject to a DBS check.
To apply for this position, please go to https://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers and click apply now to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for our Zoo Ranger role.
Closing date for applications is 17th August 2018.