Test Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Investec London
Investec London urgently required following position for Test Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Test Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Investec London Jobs Details:
Description of role and key responsibilities
You will be working in a highly motivated, agile, cross functional team. As a tester, your area of expertise will be to support, implement and mature the team's automated testing strategy. This is a fully vertical team that has ownership of their domain from development through to production.
This role includes:
- Working closely with the stakeholders, business analyst and developers in a model of shared ownership of deliverables
- Ensure that test scenarios that are not practical to cover in an automated test are covered manually and tracked
- Exploratory testing as a key skill
- Supporting and working with the team to deploy changes into different environments
- Streamlining and optimising the testing automation approach for the team
- Promoting the benefits of contract based testing
- Sharing testing ideas and approaches within the team and with other teams within the Private Bank
- Continue to learn about, and apply where appropriate, new techniques and technologies in the testing space
- Develop a grasp of the concepts and tools behind our delivery mechanisms
Core skills and knowledge
The successful candidate should be capable of:
- Working in a software development team environment using source control and continuous integration
- Have a good grasp of Software Development practices and techniques
- A good knowledge and awareness of SOA architectures following RESTful basis (when applicable)
- Applying problem solving skills to technical issues
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of testing methodologies and technologies
- Writing automated tests in a collaborative manner
- Enabling others with a focus on knowledge sharing, peering, presentation and mentoring
- Engage with stakeholders to confirm requirements or usage of systems
Do you have a proficient knowledge of below?
- SQL Server with good knowledge of SQL and T-SQL
- Working within cross-functional agile teams