Assistant Product Manager Jobs Vacancy at Apollo Fire Detectors Portsmouth
Apollo Fire Detectors Portsmouth urgently required following position for Assistant Product Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Product Manager Jobs Vacancy at Apollo Fire Detectors Portsmouth Jobs Details:
To support the business in achieving its strategic initiatives and targets (financial, sales & manufacturing). Help to develop and maintain global market strategies (positioning, pricing & profitability) for the product ranges with a focus on product, market and customer needs. Be the central Product Management resource for critical activities, information and competitor information.
To support the Product Management Team with:
- Product range management
- Competitor benchmarking
- New Product Development projects
- Data gathering and data integrity
- Support Product Management to create and implement business strategies for products
- Review and evaluate existing product portfolio with respect to markets, customers and verticals
- Own and manage competitor benchmarking and research – utilising appropriate sources to deliver a competitor reference pack to be used by the Product Management team and wider business
Product Lifecycle Management
- Support the Product Marketing Team to clearly understand the differing market requirements
- Support Product Management in maintaining up-to-date departmental documentation – including Range Plans, New Product Review documentation and Competitor Benchmarking
- Perform primary market research - both quantitative and qualitative
- Monitor the competitive environment (Price, Positioning, Promotion etc.) and report any movements and changes
- Support Product Managers in constructing Market Requirement Specifications and Go-to-Market plans for NPD projects
- Support Product Managers in creating and gaining sign off for concessions and change requests
- Monitor range performance and make recommendations in line with Product Management roadmap
- Support in the Product obsolescence process
- Build external relationships with our customer, the wider market and external agencies to maximise the quality of information gathered
- Use relationships to evaluate market trends and competitor offerings to ensure the best strategies are implemented
- Build constructive internal relationships with staff across the Product Marketing team and the wider business to ensure the smooth progress of projects
- Interface with all relevant areas of the business (Sales, Mar-Coms, Technical, Supply Chain, Production & Test Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance and Quality) at all levels required. Understand the key drivers for each area to ensure buy in for all activities.
- The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the post holder may be required to undertake any other duties which may be required from time to time. Any such duties should not, however, substantially change the general character of the post