Network Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Time Warner London
Time Warner London urgently required following position for Network Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Network Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Time Warner London Jobs Details:
Posting Job Description
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 425 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
This person will be responsible for the day to day support of the network which enables our production, newsgathering and digital teams to create content.
What you’ll be doing:
- Proactively initiate projects that build a smart, resilient and secure IP network which enables the business to work in a more efficient and protected way
- Provide network operational support for an on-air live infrastructure, including configuring, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure equipment
- Build a close working relationship with support teams across Warner Media and work directly with vendors on advanced support
- Work with ISP vendors to improve the network and infrastructure security for CNN bureaus internationally
- Work with a variety of computer-based tools and monitoring systems that interact with a production networking environment
- Develop your skills to become an expert in video over IP, cloud-based production and network security; working alongside broadcast technologists
- Some travel and out-of-hours duty is expected
- Knowledge and hands on experience required with routing (IPv4), ethernet switching, wireless, load balancers, firewalls, WAN acceleration and VPN technologies
- Strong communication skills, ability to explain situations and set expectations
- Self-starter who is not afraid to get stuck in and take on anything that comes their way
- A natural curiosity; ability to investigate and diagnose problems
- Knowledge or hands on experience of; Multicast/PIM, Public Cloud (AWS), IPv6, MPLS, Software Defined Networking, Clear Pass, Riverbed, Infoblox, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, QoS, Network Functions Virtualisation, Programming (Python, Ruby, C/C++)
- Experience of Palo Alto firewalls is a plus
As Network Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work for a world-leading news organisation. As you might expect, this comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical and a generous pension contribution. The role is also eligible for company bonus and on top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
Excitingly, we are moving to brand new offices in Old Street in Autumn 2019, close to Shoreditch and Hoxton, the move offers a fresh new working environment for all employees.