Sales Assistant Simply Food Jobs Vacancy at Whsmith Plymouth
Whsmith Plymouth urgently required following position for Sales Assistant Simply Food. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sales Assistant Simply Food Jobs Vacancy at Whsmith Plymouth Jobs Details:
We have a 20 hour per week vacancy, working 3 days out of 5 1400 til 2100. Usually these will be Mon, Tues & Wed, some flexibility will be needed to help cover holidays and absence.
What you’ll do:
- To always deliver a friendly service, smiling, greeting and making eye contact with every customer you come into contact with
- Working on tills accurately and efficiently, to provide a positive customer experience
- Carry out stock replenishment, ensuring all areas of the store remain tidy
- Working as an active member of the team, supporting colleagues in all tasks
- Meeting high standards of display and visual merchandising to ensure the store is well presented. Accurately following planograms
- Demonstrate good product knowledge to customers on key promotions and offers
- Approaching customers that may require assistance if you are on the shop floor
- Targeted on having appropriate Till Point Conversations with every customer to add on sales and increase the average transaction value
- Some roles will involve pushing loaded trolleys of stock for long distances.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience gained within a food retail/hospitality environment is preferred
- Previous customer service experience is essential
- Confident approach towards maximising sales opportunities
- Flexibility towards working hours (shifts to cover Monday to Sunday, covering hours from 6am up to 9pm)
- Strong communication skills and ability to participate as a key team member.
- A ‘can do’ attitude who values being part of a successful team
What’s in it for you?
Join WHSmith as a Sales Assistant and you can expect a warm welcome from your team, plus the chance to launch a whole new career! With stores UK-wide there are plenty of opportunities to move around. We’ll also give you lots of training via our Retail Academy, to help you gain a nationally recognised qualification and develop the skills you need to fulfil your potential! Plus, we’ll reward you with some fantastic flexible benefits, including up to 50% discount in our High Street stores, and access to a range of discounts with other retailers. As well as flexible working, childcare vouchers, a pension and much more! Do a good job and who knows where your talents could take you! In a growing business like this, with two of the UK’s most iconic brands, the opportunities are there for the taking.
You may know we operate on the high street, in rail and bus stations, airports, hospitals, universities and workplaces. But you may be surprised to learn we’ve been around since 1792 and have over 14,000 employees across the globe. We’re continually growing by putting our customers at the heart of all we do and we grow our people too. At WHSmith there are No Limits to where your career can go!
Format of Business
Hours / Week
Full Time / Part Time